Why is it important to maintain a healthy regime for your scalp when you wear wigs?
- Avoid bacteria formation and skin irritation
- Avoid dandruff
- Avoid hair loss and hair thinning
If these reasons are enough for you, follow these tips to maintain healthy scalp under your wig:
- Never leave your hair wet under a wig! Dry your hair completely before applying the unit.
- Wear a wig cap! Wig caps not only help in managing your own hair under the wig but also can prevent traction and irritation from the wig's construction.
- Wash your own hair regularly! If your hair tends to get oily quick, or if you exercise and sweat a lot under your wig, you should take the time to wash your hair on regular basis. Do not let bacteria form. If you have sensitive skin, use shampoo designed for sensitive skin (Jonhson's baby shampoo is always a good choice). If you suffer from dandruff, use a special shampoo (Fructis has a new anti-dandruf product out).
- Moisturize your scalp! Do not let your scalp skin dry out. Use a few drops of virgin olive or natural organic oil and massage it into your skin every time before you wash your hair.
- Let your skin breathe! Take off your wig nighttime, do not wear wig for excessive time without removing the unit from your head.
To find more tips and information about wigs and wig care click here.