One of the many reasons why people choose to wear wigs is that a wig offers a protection for a growing hair that has been damaged from excessive chemical treatment or glue in extensions, etc.
Yes, it's true that it's easy to snap on a wig and walk out in the morning. It's the easy way around most of the time.
But for some, wearing a wig, allows them to grow their own hair out and care for it, while saving the embarrassment or inconvenience of showing your own damaged or short hair.
Here are a few tips on what to do and how to care for your own hair while wearing a wig:
- In summer time it is recommended that you use a mesh wig cap over your hair and under the wig. The mesh cap will allow your own hair to breathe better and not sweat.
- In winter time it is recommended that you use a silk or nylon cap as it will keep your hair better moisturized.
- Take off wig before going to bed to allow your own hair to breathe while you rest.
- Wash your natural hair regularly and condition as per your daily regimen and maintenance.
- Wash your wigs as they need it, do not allow smell or bacteria formation as that may harm your natural hair.
- If your hair is very damaged and fragile make sure that no wig combs or clips are rubbing or breaking your natural tresses.
Follow these simple steps and with time and care your natural hair will grow as you want it to be!